Ahead of it’s upcoming re-opening, Appetite4Work are working with a delightful village Café to find an experienced Café Chef / Kitchen Manager with exceptional Pastry skills!
This hidden treasure in West Berkshire serves up delicious home cooked breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea’s, 7 days a week. It also enjoys a busy take-away trade of coffee, speciality tea and delicious cakes, pastries and other treats! On Saturday’s a speciality brunch menu is served all day!
This is a full-time role, based on working 5 days across 7 on a rota basis, so you must be flexible in working weekdays and weekends. Predominantly a day time only role, although some evenings may be required depending on business needs. This may involve working at the near-by production kitchen.
In this role you will work alongside the Front of House staff to deliver great food, fresh to order while also taking responsibility for food safety and exceeding customer expectations!
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience running a small kitchen independently
- Experience managing a team and delegating tasks
- Experience in baking/patisserie – essential
- A passion for fresh, home cooked food
- Good communication and people skills – you will be joining a small, close-knit team
- Food hygiene/Allergens/H&S qualifications – we can help you refresh these if necessary!
- Due to location, own transport will be required!
For more information and to be considered, please apply with an up to date CV and we will be in touch.