Appetite4Work are seeking an experienced Chef to join the team of an independent day and boarding school in Taunton.
This is a high volume site, the Head Chef and his team cater to 300 boarders and staff across Monday – Sunday in addition to 300 day students Monday – Friday. Experience within a similar sized operation is essential.
This is a full-time role (52 weeks) based on 40 hours per week. You must be able to work 5 days out of 7 across Monday – Sunday as required.
The Chef will be responsible for supporting the Head Chef and Sous Chef with day to day running of the kitchen and helping to provide nutritious and delicious meals. Duties will also include:
- Daily food preparation as directed
- Ensuring Food Safety & Health and safety requirements are adhered to within the kitchen.
- Ensuring the hygienic, safe and correct use of equipment and utensils
- Assisting the Head chef with food ordering, food deliveries, stock take and menu planning as required.
- Previous experience within a high volume unit
- Experience within a school environment beneficial
- Current Food Safety / Allergens and H&S certificates – we can help you refresh these!
- The successful candidate will need to be willing to undertake an Enhanced DBS check as part of the screening for this role.
Appetite4Work are also recruiting for short-term temporary contracts at this location, in addition to Assistant/Trainee Chef and General Assistant roles.
If you are interested in any of the positions at this location, please apply with an up to date CV.