Appetite4Work currently have a great opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef to join the team of a village pub in Hampshire!
This lovely village pub is looking forward to welcoming guests back to their large outdoor dining area/beer gardens with views over the River Test.
The Head Chef and his team serve lunch and dinner Tuesday – Sunday as well as tasty bar snacks and light bites. Daily changing menus ensure guests enjoy only the freshest seasonal produce, much of which is sourced from the local area.
The Sous Chef will ensure high standards of efficiency, delivering amazing quality dishes and collaborate with the Head Chef to create daily menu’s, specials and help to manage, train and lead junior chefs.
The successful Sous Chef will enjoy:
– Competitive hourly rate + holiday pay accrual
– Weekly pay (every Friday!)
– April start date (temporary assignments available to keep you busy until then!)
We’re looking for:
- Experience at a similar level (Junior Sous and above) in a fresh food environment, ideally a similar style of gastro pub, cooking with local fresh produce.
- Confidence to deputise for the Head Chef in their absence, supporting with the efficient running of service.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and communicate well in a busy and fast paced environment.
- Your own reliable transport due to location!